Adding a Theme and Signature to Your Messages - Exercise
Adding a Theme and Signature to Your Messages
Duration: 10 to 15 minutes.
In this exercise, you will create and add a signature to a message, as well as a theme.
- Create an email signature to apply to all of your new, replied to, and forwarded messages.
- Compose a new email to a colleague or your instructor.
- Apply the Slice theme to the email, and make the page color of your email blue.
- Send the message.
- Open a new message. From the MESSAGE tab of the Message Ribbon, in the Include group, select Signature.
- From the drop-down list, select Signature.
- From the Signatures and Stationery dialog box, on the E-mail Signature tab, click New.
- In the New Signature dialog box, type a name for the signature, and then click OK.
- In the Edit signature text box, type the signature as you would like it to appear.
- Click OK in the Signatures and Stationery dialog box.
- From the Choose default signature section of the E-mail Signature tab, select the email account from the E-mail account drop-down list.
- Select the signature in both the New messages and the Replies/forwards drop-down lists.
- Close the blank open message, and open a new message. The signature should be displayed in the body of the message.
- Compose the message, including the recipient's email address, a subject, and the body of the message.
- Select the OPTIONS tab on the Ribbon.
- In the Themes group, from the Themes drop-down list, select Slice.
- From the Page Color drop-down list, select a blue color.
- Click the Send button.