Search for Messages
You may have a need to search Outlook for messages. You can search any area of Outlook, including folders, your Inbox, sent messages, and so on.
To search your Inbox:
- While in your Inbox, click in the Search text box and type a search term.
- Press Enter.
- Your Inbox will now display the search results.
- To end the search and return to your Inbox view, click the Search text box Close button.
Search by Location
If you want to search a different folder in your Inbox, for example, the Trash, simply select the Trash folder and then type in the Search text box.
You can use Outlook's Advanced Find feature.
To access Advanced Find:
- Click in the Search text box to activate the SEARCH TOOLS SEARCH tab.
- From the SEARCH tab, from the Options group, select Advanced Find.
- In the Advanced Find dialog box, configure options such as word to search, timeframe, sent to or from, and so on.
- When ready to search, click Find Now.
In Outlook 2007, the Advanced Search feature is accessed by selecting Tools, and then selecting Search Tools and then Advanced Find.