Password Protecting Ranges in a Worksheet - Exercise
Password Protecting Ranges in a Worksheet
Duration: 10 to 15 minutes.
In this exercise, you will unlock cells in a worksheet before protecting it, thus allowing users to edit much of the worksheet, but protecting the formulas and structure of the worksheet.
- Open Protecting Ranges in a Worksheet.xlsx from your Excel2013.3/Exercises folder.
- Protect the worksheet so that users can edit cells D2:D5 (Periods), but cannot edit anything else.
- Select cells D2:D5.
- On the HOME tab, in the Cells group, click the Format command:
- Click Lock Cell to unlock the cells:
- On the REVIEW tab, in the Changes group, click the Protect Sheet command:
- In the Allow all users of this worksheet to list, verify that Select locked cells and Select unlocked cells are both checked and click OK:
- In the Confirm Password dialog box, reenter the password and click OK: