Adding Macros to the Quick Access Toolbar
The reason to create a macro is to make it easier to complete a set of operations that you regularly perform. Given this, it is likely that you need to run the macro frequently. To make it easy to do so, you can add the macro to the Quick Access Toolbar.
To add a macro to the Quick Access Toolbar:
- Click the Customize Quick Access Toolbar drop-down arrow:
- Select More Commands:
- In the Excel Options dialog box on the Quick Access Toolbar tab, from the Choose commands from drop-down list, select Macros:
- Select the macro you want to add to the Quick Access Toolbar and click Add and then OK:
- You can now see and run the macro on the Quick Access Toolbar:
Managing Macro Security
When working with macros, it is important to maintain security, that is, ensure that no dangerous code is going to be run.
To enable security when working with macros in Excel 2013:
- Enter Backstage View by selecting FILE > Options.
- In the Excel Options dialog box, select Customize Ribbon.
- Under Customize the Ribbon, on the right, check the Developer check box and then click OK.
- Now, on the DEVELOPER tab, in the Code group, select Macro Security.
- Use the options in the Trust Center dialog box to set security options.