Copying Data from Excel to Word
Duration: 5 to 10 minutes.
In this exercise, you will copy data from Microsoft Excel to Microsoft Word.
- Open Copy to Word.xlsx and Pizza and Wings.docx from your Excel2013.3/Exercises folder.
- In Copy to Word.xlsx, copy cells A1:M7 and paste them into Pizza and Wings.docx between the two paragraphs such that the formatting is the same as in Excel and the data is linked to the Excel worksheet.
- Select cells A1:M7 in Copy to Word.xlsx.
- On the HOME tab, in the Clipboard group, click the Copy command:
- In Pizza and Wings.docx, place your cursor between the two paragraphs.
- On the HOME tab, in the Clipboard group, click the drop-down arrow below the Paste command:
- Click the Link & Keep Source Formatting icon:
- Note that when you change the numbers in Copy to Word.xlsx, they change in Pizza and Wings.docx as well.