Webucator's Free Advanced Microsoft Excel Tutorial
Welcome to our free Advanced Microsoft Excel tutorial. This tutorial is based on Webucator's Advanced Microsoft Excel 2019 Training course.
One of the new features that was introduced in the Microsoft Office 2013 suite and is also available in the 2016 and 2019 editions is the ability to save, share, and collaborate with others using the cloud. You can save, share, and access your Excel workbooks on SharePoint or OneDrive.
- Learn how to use the cloud in Excel.
Using the Cloud
OneDrive (formerly called SkyDrive) provides account holders with a certain amount of free cloud storage.
You will need a OneDrive account to perform the following. If you do not have one, go to https://onedrive.live.com to sign up.
To save and share a document to OneDrive:
- Add OneDrive to your list of Places in Excel, by selecting the File menu, and then clicking Save As.
- Click Add a Place.
- In the Add a Place section, select OneDrive.
- In the Add a service dialog box, enter your email address and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Sign in.
- To save your document to the cloud and share it, select the File menu and click Share.
- Click Save To Cloud.
- In the Save As section, click your OneDrive account.
- Click Browse and navigate to the OneDrive folder you want to use, and then name your document and click Save.
- Log in to your OneDrive account in a web browser at: https://onedrive.live.com/.
- Navigate to your workbook and select the check box.
- Select Share.
- Type the recipient's email address and a message, if desired. Select the Recipients can edit option if you want to give the recipient read-only access. When done selecting options, click Share.
- Your recipient can now view and change (if you did not uncheck the Recipients can edit check box) your document.
If someone shares a file with you, you will receive an email, and new in Excel 2019, the file will appear when you select File > Open > Shared with Me.
Using the Cloud
Duration: 10 to 15 minutes.
In this exercise, you will save an Excel workbook to OneDrive. (To perform this activity, you must have a OneDrive account. To obtain a OneDrive account, go to https://skydrive.live.com.)
- Navigate to the Excel2019.3/Exercises folder and open Interview Schedule.
- Save the document to a folder in your OneDrive.