Using the Cloud
OneDrive (formerly called SkyDrive) provides account holders with a certain amount of free cloud storage.
You will need a OneDrive account to perform the following. If you do not have one, go to https://onedrive.live.com to sign up.
To save and share a document to OneDrive:
- Add OneDrive to your list of Places in Excel, by selecting the File menu, and then clicking Save As.
- Click Add a Place.
- In the Add a Place section, select OneDrive.
- In the Add a service dialog box, enter your email address and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Sign in.
- To save your document to the cloud and share it, select the File menu and click Share.
- Click Save To Cloud.
- In the Save As section, click your OneDrive account.
- Click Browse and navigate to the OneDrive folder you want to use, and then name your document and click Save.
- Log in to your OneDrive account in a web browser at: https://onedrive.live.com/.
- Navigate to your workbook and select the check box.
- Select Share.
- Type the recipient's email address and a message, if desired. Select the Recipients can edit option if you want to give the recipient read-only access. When done selecting options, click Share.
- Your recipient can now view and change (if you did not uncheck the Recipients can edit check box) your document.
If someone shares a file with you, you will receive an email, and new in Excel 2019, the file will appear when you select File > Open > Shared with Me.