Application of Experiments
Duration: 10 to 15 minutes.
- Identify which keywords you should increase the bid on and which keywords to lower the bid amount to see significant changes in your Average CPC and Clicks metrics.
- Setup a bidding experiment in which you can change bid amounts by lowering the bid for certain keywords and by increasing the bid amount for other keywords.
- Follow the instructions outlined in step 1: Setting up ACE; your setup should look similar to the following screenshot:
- Navigate to the Campaign menu and then click on the Keywords tab.
- Enable the experiment segmented view and within the experiment row make changes to the bid amount. In the following screenshot, I am making a 25% increase in the bid amount for the 'webucator trainings' keyword.
- Click Save to complete this step.
- In this example we have selected a start date for this experiment and hence the experiment will run automatically.
- Monitor the changes in the Clicks and Avg. CPC column (for the keywords you are experimenting with).
- If you see the blue arrow symbol it means that Google has identified significant differences in these metrics.