Controlling Who Sees Your Ad
IP Exclusion Tool
It is important to filter internal traffic from your ad campaigns. Internal traffic generated by employees, consultants, and your own ad agency can inflate your impressions count which in turn can affect your CTR metric. Google AdWords provides an easy to use tool called IP Exclusion in order to filter out internal traffic. Here is how you can leverage it:
- Navigate to the desired Campaign tab within your Google AdWords account.
- Navigate and select Settings and then click the Exclusions tool listed on the bottom of the page.
- Note: IP exclusion works on the campaign level only.
- Provide a list of IP addresses or use RegEx to provide a range of IP addresses to filter.
- Click Exclude IP Addresses to conclude the process.