Application of AdWords Metrics
Duration: 10 to 15 minutes.
- Which of the above metrics will you use to determine keywords profitability?
- Which of the above metrics will you use to understand which ads are highly visible as well as compelling enough to bring visitors to your site?
- Is it possible to have keywords with negative ROI? If so, how would you interpret that information?
- CPC, RPC, ROI, and Margin are metrics geared toward helping you understand the profitability of your keywords. You can get this information by applying subdimensions.
- Impressions, clicks, and CTR are the metrics geared toward helping you understand which ads receive higher visibility and are compelling enough to attract substantial amount of traffic.
- It is common to see negative ROI for campaigns and keywords. It can mean several things:
- You have not enabled e-commerce.
- You have not assigned goal values to your goals.
- You are not linking cost data from AdWords.
- You are spending much more on your keywords than the money you make from the traffic these keywords bring to your Web site.