Dreamweaver makes adding links easy. Simply highlight the text that you want to turn into a link and enter the link URL into the Link field in the Properties Inspector.
To illustrate let's add a link to ClassFiles/Dreamweaver/Exercises/hello-world.html:
- Open ClassFiles/Dreamweaver/Exercises/hello-world.html in Dreamweaver if it's not already open.
- Higlight the text "wikipedia".
- In the Link field in the Properties Inspector, enter "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_world_program":
- Save your page.
- Preview the page in your browser (File > Preview in Browser). The page should look like this:
- Notice that when you hover over the link, the cursor turns to a pointer and Firefox shows the URL to which the link points.
- Click the "wikipedia" link. It should take you to Wikipedia's page entitled "Hello world program."