Using a Learn on Demand Virtual Machine for Class
- Students in classes that use Learn on Demand do not need to set up any software to participate in class. Webucator will provide a pre-configured computer for students to remote into.
- High speed Internet connection is required (200 Kb/s per user with 1 Mb burst capacity). You can go to https://www.
learnondemandsystems.com/ speedtest/ if you aren't sure what your speed is.
- NOTE: Connections through VPN are strongly not recommended, and often lead to issues with using the lab environments.
- Courses that Use Azure: We will provide you with an Azure pass for use during class.
Testing Your Connection & Accessing Your Labs
- Go to https://webucator.learnondemand.net/
- Enter your email address and password "webucator123!" (not including the quotation marks).
- If you see your class, then you are all set. Come back to this page on the day of your class.
Troubleshooting Learn on Demand Virtual Machines
If you are having issues with Learn On Demand, consider the following:
- VPN/Proxy: While you can have success with VPN's, they are not recommended as certain configuration requirements must be met to avoid issues properly connecting with the lab: Proxy Requirements
- Use a hardwired connection: Hotspots, Wi-Fi, cellular, and satellite internet are higher latency and can cause packet loss which can result in a poor experience.
- Review your security programs: Turn off any third party anti-virus programs, pop up blockers, add blockers, Etc.
- Review your network: Port 443 must be open for inbound/outbound traffic. Additional firewall exceptions may be needed.
- Re-Set your local Network: Power cycle your modem and router.
- Confirm your bandwidth: Minimum Speed for labs: 200kbps up and down consistent/1mbps burst Per user.
- Attempt to connect to the lab from a different network/location and/or different computer.
Important: If the lab is being run through a managed network via your Work or School: Please review our Connectivity Requirements and have your IT department review all the necessary requirements.