Setup for Custom Python and NumPy training
- Windows: Windows 7 or later. Mac: OS X Mountain Lion (version 10.8) or later
- Visual Studio Code (Installation instructions below)
- Anaconda (Installation instructions Below)
Visual Studio Code
You will use Visual Studio Code for all the courses except the SQL course, which has a special editor.
- Download Visual Studio Code for your operating system.
- Install Visual Studio Code (Instructions).
- Open Visual Studio Code.
Anaconda is a free Python distribution that includes many commonly used Python packages.
- Go to the Anaconda download page.
- Click the Download button for your operating system to download the Graphical Installer.
- Open the installer and follow the installation instructions.
Important Note for Mac Users Using Anaconda
IDLE, the simple editor that usually comes packaged with Python installations, does not come packaged with Anaconda on a Mac. You should use Spyder instead, which you can launch using Anaconda Navigator:
Congratulations. You are all set for your course.
Courseware and Class Files
This setup page is used for the following courseware:
This is for other training companies who are licensing Webucator courseware.
- Courseware: Python Data Analysis with JupyterLab.