Adobe InDesign is a robust layout and typography program that allows integration of text, graphics, and interactive elements in a rich design layout that can be published by commercial printers as well as in digital venues. This introductory training class is designed to familiarize the student with the many tools and utilities available in InDesign, as well as workflow principles that you will need to make the most of the software.
- Understand the InDesign workspace.
- Create basic page elements.
- Place images and text.
- Learn about typography and formatting text.
- Learn to manage fonts.
- Understand and work with InDesign templates.
- Learn about styles, and how they impact productivity.
- Use Master Pages to create design consistency.
- Learn how to work with tables.
- Learn about color management.
- Learn to define bulleted and numbered lists.
- Learn to control hyphenation.
- Learn to preflight files before output.
- Understand PDF options.
- Learn to package an InDesign file for hand-off.