What kind of computer setup must I have to take a Self-paced Course?
Full setup instructions and technical requirements are provided after accessing each course. The following are the minimum system requirements necessary. Most of these items can be downloaded for free:
- A modern web browser, preferably Google Chrome.
- Many courses require a text or HTML editor. Our preferred editor for Windows and Mac is Visual Studio Code.
- Web development courses that require server technologies use either PHP or Node.js.
- Additionally, for some courses you will need to install one of the following databases:
- Microsoft Access (paid)
- Microsoft SQL Server Express (Free version)
- MySQL (Free)
- Oracle (Free version)
What Internet connection speed is recommended for these courses?
All courses require a high-speed broadband connection to play the presentation videos.
What happens if I forget my password?
Click on the Forgot My Password link under the Login form.
I'd like to report an error in one of the courses. Who should I contact?
Please hover over the activity question mark and choose the "Report a Problem" link.
How long do I have access to the course?
You can access the course for up to 12-months (1 year).
How can I get instructor support?
Groups of 25 or more are eligible for instructor support. Please Contact Us for details.