- Become familiar with the Photoshop workspace.
- Learn to work with images.
- Learn selection techniques.
- Learn how to collage images from various sources.
- Learn to create layer masks.
- Understand color models.
- Learn to use brush tools for painting and retouching.
- Understand basic color correction principles and techniques.
- Use the Layers panel for adjustments, clipping, and special effects.
- Learn to prepare final art for web and print.
- Learn design techniques for web.
- Learn to prepare final art.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
Learn at your own pace with 24/7 access to an On-Demand course.
In this Adobe Photoshop CC class, students will learn to use Photoshop for sizing, image editing, and color correction. Students will also explore creative effects with brushes and other tools.
- Exploring the Photoshop Workspace
- Resetting the Photoshop Preferences
- Tools and Navigation
- The Options Bar
- Panels and the Panel Dock
- Image Size and Resolution
- Understanding Raster Images: The Relationship between Size and Resolution
- Targeting Resolution for Print and Web
- Using the Crop Tool
- Saving an Image for the Web
- Export Artboards
- Adding Canvas to an Image
- Selection Tools
- Simple Selection Techniques
- The Magic Wand and Quick Selection Tools
- Layer Masks
- The Refine Edge Feature
- Working with the Pen Tool
- Using Paths to Make Selections
- Select Image Areas in Focus
- RGB and CMYK Color Models
- Working with the Brush Tool and Brush Panels
- Introduction to Brush Blending Modes
- Retouching and Restoration
- Using the Clone Source Panel
- Color Correction
- Using Blending Modes for Simple Color Correction
- Working with Adjustment Layers
- Advanced Layer Techniques
- Expanding on the the Basics
- The Black & White Adjustment Layer
- Clipping Masks
- Blending Images with a Gradient Mask
- Smart Objects
- Working with Type and Vector Shapes
- Vector Shapes
- Working with Type
- Designing for Web
- Guides and Organization
- Slice Tools
- Save for Web
- Preparing Final Art
- Preparing an Image for Print Production
- File Formats
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Photoshop class:
- Experience with basic software programs such as Microsoft Word
Experience in the following would be useful for this Photoshop class:
- Although not required, using two monitors for this class is strongly recommended.