Introduction to Xamarin Development
The Xamarin platform offers a compelling option for building cross-platform mobile applications. This 2-day Xamarin training class introduces attendees to the Xamarin platform and the skills necessary to design and build well-architected cross-platform mobile applications that follow modern design principles and patterns.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Gain hands-on experience building a Xamarin.Forms-based application.
- Mobile Development Options
- Mobile Landscape
- Native iOS Development
- Native Android Development
- Universal Windows Platform (UWP) Development
- Cross-Platform Development
- Xamarin Development Platform
- Xamarin on iOS
- Xamarin on Android
- Xamarin on Windows
- Sharing Code
- Getting Started
- Xamarin Development on a Mac
- Xamarin Android Development on Windows
- Xamarin iOS Development on Windows
- Creating an Application Solution
- Xamarin.Forms vs. Native UIs
- Shared Projects vs. Portable Class Libraries (PCLs)
- .NET Standard
- Approaches to Code Sharing
- Dependency Injection
- Building Shared Application Components
- MVC and MVVM
- Threading and Asynchronous Operations
- Data Persistance
- Consuming a Web Service
- Using Platform-Specific Features
- Architecture of Xamarin.Forms
- When Xamarin.Forms is the Right Choice
- Introduction to XAML
- Pages, Layouts, Views, and Cells
- Data Binding
- Platform-Specific User Interfaces
- Embedding Native Views
- Optimizing Performance
- Ad Hoc Deployment
- Google Play and Amazon App Store
- Apple App Store
- App Analytics
- Crash Logs
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Mobile Apps class:
- Significant previous experience with the C# programming language.
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts such as inheritance and interfaces.
Courses that can help you meet these prerequisites: