- Learn to work with tables of contents.
- Learn to work with footnotes and endnotes.
- Learn to insert bibliographies and indexes.
- Learn to use comments.
- Learn to use track changes including accepting and rejecting changes.
- Learn to compare and combine documents.
- Learn to use Mail Merge and create envelopes and labels.
- Learn to protect documents.
- Learn to use bookmarks, add watermarks, and customize the Ribbon.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
In this Advanced Microsoft Word class, you will learn about document collaboration, security, navigation, and more. You will practice adding a table of contents, footnotes, endnotes, and comments. You will gain experience tracking changes, comparing and combining documents, creating envelopes and labels, using Mail Merge, and protecting documents.
Target Audience: Students who have intermediate Microsoft Word skills and are ready to learn advanced tools and features.
Our public classes use the most current version of the software, but if you’re on an earlier version, our instructor will point out any differences. For private classes, we will use the version of the software (including the Mac version) you use in your office.
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). Our curriculum has been tested and approved by ProCert Labs, the official tester of Microsoft courseware, and has been found to meet the highest industry standards of instructional quality.
- Working with Long Documents
- Adding a Table of Contents
- Updating the Table of Contents
- Deleting the Table of Contents
- Exercise: Insert and Update a Table of Contents
- Footnotes and Endnotes
- Exercise: Working with Footnotes
- Inserting Citations and a Bibliography
- Exercise: Insert Citations and a Bibliography
- Adding an Index
- Exercise: Inserting an Index
- Inserting a Table of Figures
- Inserting and Updating a Table of Authorities
- Creating an Outline
- Promoting Sections in an Outline
- Creating a Master Document
- Review and Collaborating on Documents
- Adding Comments
- Exercise: Adding Comments to a Document
- Tracking Changes
- Exercise: Tracking Changes
- Viewing Changes, Additions, and Comments
- Exercise: Viewing Markup
- Accepting and Rejecting Changes
- Version History
- Exercise: Accepting and Rejecting Changes
- Comparing and Combining Documents
- Comparing Documents
- Exercise: Comparing Documents
- Combining Documents
- Exercise: Combining Documents
- Managing Mailings
- Creating Envelopes and Labels
- Exercise: Printing an Envelope
- Using Mail Merge
- Exercise: Using Mail Merge
- Protecting Documents
- Making Word Documents Read Only
- Password Protect Word Documents
- Removing Metadata from Files
- Restrict Formatting and Editing
- Exercise: Protecting a Document
- Random Useful Items
- Using Bookmarks
- Exercise: Using Bookmarks
- Adding Watermarks
- Exercise: Adding Custom Watermarks
- Adding Titles to Sections
- Inserting Built-in Fields
- Using the Go To Feature
- Using Macros
- Copy Macros from Document to Document
- Macro Security
- Exercise: Recording a Macro
- Customizing the Ribbon
- Assigning Shortcut Keys
- Exercise: Customizing the Ribbon
- Preparing a Document for Internationalization and Accessibility
- Modify Tab Order
- Configure Language Options
- Using Microsoft Translator
- Add Alt-Text to Document Elements
- Create Documents for Use with Accessibility Tools
- Modify Documents for Use with Accessibility Tools
- Accessibility: Using Sounds
- Manage Multiple Options for +Body and +Heading Fonts
- Apply Global Content Standards
- Using the Cloud
- Exercise: Using the Cloud
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Word class:
- Basic- and intermediate-level Microsoft Word skills
Register for a Live Class
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors