WS-050T00 - Migrating Application Workloads to Azure
This Migrating Application Workloads to Azure training class teaches IT Professionals how to migrate existing on-premises workloads and assets to the cloud, specifically to the Microsoft Azure platform. Students learn how to assess and evaluate an existing on-premises environment in preparation for a cloud migration. Students also learn how to monitor and optimize their Azure-based workloads to maximize return on investment (ROI), and use Azure services to protect and manage your virtual machines, applications, and data.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Identify the tools and services specific to each phase of the migration.
- Identify the tools and services specific to each phase of the migration
- Discover and assess on-premises workloads for migration to Azure
- Obtain deeper profiling of an environment using app dependency mapping and assessment customizations
- Perform an end-to-end migration of on-premises workloads to Azure using Azure Migrate
- Replicate data from an on-premises datacenter to Azure or to a secondary site
- Migrate data from existing data sources to Azure data platforms using the Database Migration Service
- Secure and manage migrated workloads using Azure Security Center, Azure Backup, and Log Analytics
- Ensure an effective business continuity strategy that includes high availability, disaster recovery
- Back up and protect Azure IaaS virtual machines from any location using the Azure Backup Service
- Define a recovery plan to ensure virtual machines fail over properly before running a full failover
- Planning and Assessing and Azure Migration
- Cloud Migration – Business Motivations, Goals and Outcomes
- Discovery and Assessment
- Lab: Discover and Assess On-Premises Resources for Migration
- Introduction to Data Migration
- Azure Data Box
- Database Migration
- Migrate On-Premises SQL Server Database to Azure SQL Managed Instance
- Implementing Migration using Azure Migrate Services
- Overview of Azure Migrate Server Migration
- VMware - Agentless Migration
- VMware - Agent-based Migration
- Securing Migrated Workloads
- Datacenter Migration using Microsoft Migration Factory
- Lab: Replicate Virtual Machines to Azure
- Backup and Disaster Recovery in Azure
- Azure Backup Overview
- Implementing Azure IaaS Backup
- Azure to Azure Site Recovery
- Application Disaster Recovery
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Azure class:
- Experience on operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, and networking. In addition, IT administrators should have experience or equivalent knowledge in administering an IaaS Azure infrastructure.
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
- Familiarity with using Azure, including the Azure portal, Cloud Shell, Azure PowerShell, CLI and ARM template.
- Understanding of Azure Active Directory and cloud identity management.
- Understanding of management of subscriptions, users, groups, and billing, and Azure policies.