Team Foundation Server 2015 Developer Foundations (TFVC)
This Team Foundation Server 2015 Developer Foundations training class will introduce you to TFS' foundational capabilities so that you can plan, track, and manage work while ensuring high-quality code in your next project.
This course is intended for members of a development team that uses Visual Studio 2015. Attendees should be comfortable using a current version of Windows and be able to read and understand C# code.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Learn about Visual Studio 2015 editions and features.
- Compare TFS and Visual Studio Online (VSO).
- Plan and create team projects .
- Select an appropriate process template.
- Manage team projects using Team Explorer.
- Configure a team project for their team’s needs.
- Create, query, and manage work items.
- Use Team Web Access (TWA) as a TFS client.
- Use TWA's Agile planning tools.
- Configure alerts and notifications.
- Collaborate with others inside a Team Room.
- Use Microsoft Office as TFS client.
- Create work item charts and reports..
- Team Projects
- What's new in Visual Studio 2015
- Team project collections and team projects
- Configure security, team, areas, and iterations
- Planning, renaming, and deleting team projects
- Use Team Explorer and Team Web Access
- Work Items and Queries
- Create, link, query, and manage work items
- Chart, tag, and report work items
- Configure alerts and notifications
- Use Team Web Access, MS Excel, and MS Project
- Planning and Tracking Work
- Create and manage a product backlog
- Plan and track work during a sprint
- Use Agile (backlog, Kanban, and task boards)
- Use a Team Room to collaborate with others
- Version Control
- Setup and use TFS version control system
- Basic and advanced workflows
- Associate work items during check-in
- Create labels and shelvesets
- Branch and merge code effectively
- Ensuring Code Quality
- Create, run, and refactor C# unit tests
- Calculate Code Coverage
- Use Code Metrics and Code/Code Clone Analysis
- Conduct a Code Review
- Automating the Build Process
- Overview of the new Visual Studio 2015 build system
- Create and queue a build
- Monitor and manage the build process
- Automate code quality checks
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Azure DevOps Services class:
- Experience using Team Foundation Server.
- Familiarity with their team's software development process. .
- Experience with the types of conflicts that can arise from a multi-developer project.
- Experience developing and supporting multiple versions of a software product.
- Ability to read and understand C# .NET code (all source code will be provided).
- Experience working with multiple developers on a software development team.
- Understand the Microsoft Windows operating system and security basics.