MOC 6293 - Troubleshooting and Supporting Windows 7 in the Enterprise
This Windows 7 training is designed for Information Technology (IT) professionals who have experience with Windows XP and Windows Vista who work as Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technicians (EDSTs) in Tier 2 support environments. The goal of this training is to enable these individuals to support the Windows 7 operating system and solve technical troubleshooting problems in a Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 networking environment.
The course helps candidates prepare for Exam 70-685, the final requirement for the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST) professional credential.
Microsoft Certified Partner
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). This class uses official Microsoft courseware and will be delivered by a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT).
- Learn about the processes of establishing and using a troubleshooting methodology, and define the EDST job role and responsibilities.
- Learn to troubleshoot startup issues on a Windows 7 computer.
- Learn to troubleshoot client-configuration failures and Group Policy object (GPO) application issues.
- Learn to troubleshoot hardware device, device driver, and performance issues.
- Learn to troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
- Learn to troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
- Learn to troubleshoot logon and resource access issues.
- Learn to troubleshoot security system issues, such as Encrypting File Systems (EFS) BitLocker Drive Encryption, and file permissions.
- Learn to troubleshoot operating system and applications issues.
- Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
- Introduction to the EDST Job Role
- Overview of Troubleshooting Steps
- Troubleshooting Startup Issues
- Overview of the Windows 7 Recovery Environment
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Startup Settings
- Troubleshooting Operating System Services Issues
- Lab: Troubleshooting Startup Issues
- Resolving a Startup Problem (1)
- Resolving a Startup Problem (2)
- Using Group Policy to Centralize Configuration
- Overview of Group Policy Application
- Resolving Client Configuration Failures and GPO Application Issues
- Lab: Using Group Policy to Centralize Configuration
- Resolve Group Policy Application (1)
- Resolve Group Policy Application (2)
- Troubleshooting Hardware Device, Device Driver, and Performance Issues
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures
- Monitoring Reliability and Performance
- Configuring Performance Options in Windows 7
- Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
- Lab: Lab A: Resolving Hardware Device and Device Driver Issues
- Resolving Hardware Issues
- Configuring Group Policy to Control Device Installation (optional)
- Lab: Lab B: Troubleshooting Performance-Related Issues
- Exercise: Troubleshooting a Performance Problem
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues
- Determining Network Settings
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues
- Lab: Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting a Network Problem (1)
- Troubleshooting a Network Problem (2)
- Troubleshooting Remote Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting VPN Connectivity Issues
- Using Remote Desktop
- Troubleshooting User Issues by Using Remote Assistance
- Troubleshooting NAP Issues
- Troubleshooting DirectAccess Issues
- Lab: Resolving Remote Connectivity Issues
- Exercise: Resolving a Remote Connectivity Problem
- Troubleshooting Logon and Resource Access Issues
- Troubleshooting User Logon Issues
- Troubleshooting User Profile Issues
- Troubleshooting File Access Issues
- Troubleshooting File Permissions Issues
- Troubleshooting Printer Access Issues
- Lab: Troubleshooting Logon and Resource Access Issues
- Troubleshooting Offline Files
- Troubleshooting a Missing Drive Mapping
- Troubleshooting Missing Files in My Documents
- Troubleshooting a File Access Issue
- Troubleshooting Security Issues
- This module describes how to troubleshoot issues related to security systems such as EFS, BitLocker, and file permissions. The module instructs students how to troubleshoot and recover files Recovering Files Encrypted by EFS
- Recovering BitLocker-Protected Drives
- Troubleshooting Internet Explorer and Content Access Issues
- Lab: Troubleshooting Security Issues
- Recovering a BitLocker-Protected Drive
- Troubleshooting an Internet Explorer Security Issue
- Troubleshooting Operating System and Application Issues
- Troubleshooting Application Installation Issues
- Troubleshooting Application Operations Issues
- Applying Application and Windows Updates
- Lab: Troubleshooting Operating System and Application Issues
- Troubleshooting Windows Updates
- Troubleshooting AppLocker Policy Application
- Troubleshooting Application Startup
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Windows class:
- Networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP/User Datagram Protocol (UDP), Domain Name System (DNS)
- Microsoft Active Directory principles and management
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 fundamentals
- Microsoft Windows Client fundamentals
- Fundamentals of using the 2010 Microsoft Office system or the 2007 Microsoft Office system
Courses that can help you meet these prerequisites: