Microsoft Project 2010: Digging Deeper
This Intermediate Microsoft Project 2010: Digging Deeper class takes an in-depth approach to key features of Project 2010 including task entry and linking, resource and resource management, and examining and updating projects. You will learn to efficiently manage projects, create master projects and sub-projects, create and customize visual reports, work with resource pools, and analyze project costs.
Our instructor-led online classes are conducted in the 2016 version of the software. Your instructor will point out the minor differences between versions where they exist. For our custom instructor-led online and onsite classes, we use the version of the software you use in your office.
Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)
Webucator is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) approved by PMI® to issue professional development units (PDUs) for its project management training courses.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Learn to work with the advanced formatting features of the Gantt chart and network diagrams.
- Learn to create master projects and subprojects in Project 2013.
- Learn to create customized project reports.
- Learn to work with resource pools.
- Analyze project costs
Professional Development Units
- Starting a Project from an Existing Project, Excel Workbook, or SharePoint Task List
- Starting a Project
- Reviewing the Options
- Changing Save Options
- Time Conversion
- Creating Projects
- Create a New Project from an Existing Project File
- Advanced Methods for Managing Tasks and Resources
- Manage Tasks and Resources
- Working with Task Dependencies
- Task Dependency
- Understanding Elapsed versus Actual Time Settings
- Setting Task Constraints
- Creating Task Constraints
- Splitting and Delaying Tasks
- Splitting a Task: Using the Gantt Chart View
- Delaying a Task: Using a Gantt Chart View
- Using the Task Inspector
- Analyzing Critical Tasks and the Critical Path
- Analyze Critical Tasks: Using the Gantt Chart View
- Using Lag Time and Lead Time
- Setting Lag and Lead Time
- Analyzing Task Assignments
- Viewing Task Assignments: Using the Task Usage View
- Using the Team Planner
- Formatting the Team Planner
- Using a Resource Pool and Sharing Resources
- Sharing a Resource Pool
- Managing Resource Availability and Pay Rates
- Managing the Project with Advanced Techniques
- Using Leveling to Solve Resource Overallocations
- Chart View
- Amending Tasks
- Understanding Baseline and Interim Plans
- Setting Additional Baselines
- Analyzing Project Costs and Creating Budgets
- Formatting and Customizing Views
- Customizing the Gantt Chart
- Creating a Custom View
- Applying Filters
- Using Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Codes
- Creating Visual Reports
- Editing Reports
- Working with Templates
- Using Subproject within a Project
- Using the Organizer to Maintain Templates
12 PMI® PDUs
Webucator is a Registered Education Provider approved by PMI® to issue 12 professional development units for the successful completion of this course.
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Project class:
- Basic Microsoft Project skills including high comfort level navigating the program.
Courses that can help you meet these prerequisites: