Dynamics 365 for Field Service Bootcamp
This Dynamics 365 for Field Service Bootcamp combines MB-240T01, MB-240T02, and MB-240T03 and prepares students for Exam MB-240: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Field Service.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Learn to identify the key components involved in Field Service Implementations. .
- Learn to define the products and services that will be delivered to customers. .
- Learn to determine which pricing options to use in specific scenarios.
- Learn to determine which resources are required.
- Learn to configure the system to support resource needs.
- Learn to define commonly reported issues and template them for easier consumption. .
- Learn to identify the key areas involved in a work order lifecycle. .
- Learn to generate agreements that can be used to automatically create work orders.
- Learn to leverage the inventory management capabilities of Dynamics 365 for Field Service.
- Learn to create and work Purchase Orders through their lifecycle. .
- Learn to deploy and Configure the Field Service Mobile Application.
- Learn to identify the core components used to schedule items.
- Learn to configure the application to best leverage the scheduling features.
- Learn to leverage scheduling features to locate and schedule resources for work. .
- Learn to tailor the application to best represent organizational needs. .
- Learn to develop solutions that can be used to schedule single or multiple resources. .
- Learn to identify the extension options available as part of Universal Resource Scheduling. .
- Configure Field Service
- Introduction to field service
- Defining products and services
- Defining tax codes
- Resource scheduling configuration
- Mapping and location information
- Configuring resource components
- Defining account preferences
- Defining and configuring bookable resources
- Defining bookable resources
- Resource pools, crews and facilities
- Working with and configuring incidents
- Creating incidents
- Using service tasks
- Defining products, services and skills
- Field Service Work Orders
- Configure field service work orders
- Creating work orders
- Managing work orders
- Field Service Agreements
- Using field service agreements
- Set up bookings
- Set up invoices
- Inventory and Purchasing
- Manage customer assets
- Manage inventory
- Purchasing and returns
- Field Service Mobile
- Field Service Mobile Application overview
- Install and deploy Field Service Mobile Projects
- Manage Mobile Projects
- Deploy the Mobile client
- Universal Resource Scheduling
- URS overview and configuration
- Enabling entities for URS
- Entity customization and automation considerations
- Managing scheduling options
- Using the Schedule Board
- Scheduling items
- Rescheduling and substituting resources
- Crew and resource pool scheduling
- Customizing the Schedule Board
- Configure the schedule board
- Create additional schedule boards
- Leverage Dynamics 365 views with the schedule board
- Configure schedule board queries and filters
- Working with requirement groups
- Resource Scheduling Optimization
- Resource Scheduling Optimization overview
- Defining optimization goals
- Defining optimization scopes
- Defining optimization profiles
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Dynamics class:
- Basic understanding of Dynamics 365 features, functionality, and navigation. .