Introduction to Microsoft Word 2019 Training
This Introduction to Microsoft Word 2019 training class is designed for students new to working with Microsoft Word 2019 or Word 365 in Windows. Students will learn to create, edit, format, and print Microsoft Word documents.
Target Audience: Students who have little or no familiarity with Microsoft Word 2019 or more experienced Word users who want to learn the topics covered in this course in the 2019 interface.
Microsoft Certified Partner
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). Our curriculum has been tested and approved by ProCert Labs, the official tester of Microsoft courseware, and has been found to meet the highest industry standards of instructional quality.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Learn to create and edit Microsoft Word documents.
- Learn about the Ribbon.
- Learn about the File tab.
- Learn to create new documents and use Word templates.
- Learn to format Word documents.
- Learn to add page numbers, headers and footers, and spell and grammar check documents.
- Creating a Microsoft Word Document
- Starting Microsoft Word
- Creating a Document
- Saving a Document
- Importing a File
- The Status Bar
- Closing a Document
- Exercise: Create a Microsoft Word Document
- The Ribbon
- The Ribbon
- Inserting Symbols Using Commands
- Tell Me
- Exercise: Exploring the Ribbon
- The Backstage View (The File Menu)
- Introduction to the Backstage View
- Opening a Document
- Exercise: Open a Document
- New Documents and Word Templates
- Exercise: Write a Thank You Letter Using a Template Letter
- Configuring Documents to Print
- Print Document Sections
- Set Print Scaling
- Exercise: Print a Document
- Adding Your Name to Microsoft Word
- Adding Values to Document Properties
- Working with Autosaved Versions of Documents
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- Adding Common Commands
- Adding Additional Commands with the Customize Dialog Box
- Adding Ribbon Commands or Groups
- Exercise: Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
- Formatting Microsoft Word Documents
- Selecting Text
- Selecting Fonts
- Clear Existing Formatting
- Set Indentation
- Change Text to WordArt
- Exercise: Working with Fonts
- Working with Lists
- Creating Custom Bullets
- Modifying List Indentation
- Modifying Line Spacing in a List
- Increasing and Decreasing List Levels
- Modifying List Numbering: Restarting and Continuing
- Exercise: Working with Lists
- Inserting a Hyperlink in a Document
- Exercise: Inserting a Hyperlink
- Using Styles
- About Styles
- Applying Paragraph Styles
- Applying Character Styles
- Changing Document Style Sets
- Creating Quick Styles
- Exercise: Applying and Creating Custom Styles
- Using Themes
- Using the Ruler
- Exercise: Using Tabs
- Setting Margins
- Exercise: Setting Margins
- Editing Documents
- Find and Replace
- Using a Wildcard to Find and Replace
- Find and Replace Tips
- Inserting Text Using AutoCorrect
- Appending Text to a Document
- Exercise: Using Find and Replace
- Using the Clipboard
- The Clipboard Group
- Copying and Pasting Text
- The Office Clipboard Task Pane
- Exercise: Using the Clipboard
- Finalizing Microsoft Word Documents
- Adding Page Numbers
- Exercise: Adding Page Numbers
- Headers and Footers
- Exercise: Using Headers and Footers
- Checking Spelling and Grammar
- Exercise: Checking Spelling and Grammar
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Word class:
- Familiarity with using a personal computer, mouse, and keyboard.
- Comfortable in the Windows environment.
- Ability to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.