Introduction to Microsoft Visio 2013
- Identify the basic elements of Visio and their use.
- Create a workflow diagram.
- Build organization charts.
- Design a floor plan.
- Build a cross-functional flowchart.
- Design a network diagram.
- Style a diagram.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
In today's workplace, visual diagrams are an essential part of communication, from road maps to sales flows to process charts. Microsoft Visio provides you with an intuitive, customizable tool to easily create a professional-looking visual product by using its extensive gallery of shapes. In this Introduction to Microsoft Visio training class, you will create visually engaging diagrams, maps, and drawings, using graphical elements to make information easier to comprehend.
This course is taught in the 2016 version of the program. Your instructor will point out minor differences between versions.
- Getting Started with Visio
- Perform Basic Tasks in the Visio Environment
- Use Backstage Commands
- Save a File
- Working with Workflow Diagram Tools
- Use Drawing Components
- Modify a Drawing
- Insert Callouts and Groups
- Building Organization Charts
- Create an Organization Chart Manually
- Create Organization Charts by Using Starter Diagrams and the Organization Chart Wizard
- Modify an Organization Chart
- Designing a Floor Plan
- Make a Basic Floor Plan
- Model a Room Layout
- Building a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Create a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Format a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Designing a Network Diagram
- Create Network Diagrams
- Use Shape Data
- Use Layers
- Styling a Diagram
- Modify Shape and Connector Styles
- Apply Themes and Variants
- Use Containers
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Visio class:
Students need to be familiar with using personal computers and have used a mouse and keyboard. Students should be comfortable in the Windows 8 environment and proficient in using Windows to access programs, navigate to information stored on the computer, and manage files and folders. Visio 2013 is not available for Windows XP.
Register for a Live Class
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors