DP-080T00 - Querying Data with Microsoft Transact-SQL
- Use SQL Server query tools
- Write SELECT statements to retrieve columns from one or more tables
- Sort and filter selected data
- Use built-in functions to returned data values
- Create groups of data and aggregate the results
- Modify data with Transact-SQL using INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and MERGE
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
This Querying Data with Microsoft Transact-SQL training class teaches how to use Transact-SQL to query and modify data in relational databases that are hosted in Microsoft SQL Server-based database systems, including: Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL Database and, Azure Synapse Analytics.
This course can be valuable for anyone who needs to write basic SQL or Transact-SQL queries. This includes anyone working with data as a data analyst, a data engineer, a data scientist, a database administrator or a database developer. It can also be useful for others peripherally involved with data, or wanting to learn more about working with data such as solution architects, students and technology managers.
- Getting Started with Transact-SQL
- Introduction to Transact-SQL
- Using the SELECT statement
- Lab: Get started with SQL Server query tools and writing queries in T-SQL
- Sorting and Filtering Query Results
- Sorting query results
- Filtering the data
- Lab: Sort and filter data returned by SELECT queries
- Using Joins and Subqueries
- Using JOIN operations
- Using subqueries
- Lab: Write queries with JOIN operations
- Lab: Write SELECT statements using subqueries
- Using Built-in Functions
- Getting started with scalar functions
- Grouping aggregated results
- Lab: Built-in functions
- Modifying Data
- Inserting data into tables
- Modifying and deleting data
- Lab: Modify data
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this SQL Server class:
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
Register for a Live Class
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors