Comprehensive Microsoft Visio 2016
This Comprehensive Microsoft Visio 2016 training class is designed for students who are new to Visio and who will be using Microsoft Visio to create basic workflows and perform end-to-end flowcharting and want to build their skills to an advanced level.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Identify the basic elements of Visio and their use.
- Create a workflow diagram.
- Build organization charts.
- Design a floor plan.
- Build a cross-functional flowchart.
- Design a network diagram.
- Style a diagram.
- Design advanced plans and diagrams.
- Enhance the look of drawings.
- Create shapes, stencils, and templates.
- Connect drawings to external data.
- Leverage development tools.
- Share drawings.
- Use diagram standards (optional).
- Getting Started with Visio 2016
- Perform Basic Tasks in the Visio Environment
- Use Backstage Commands
- Save a File
- Working with Workflow Diagram Tools
- Use Drawing Components
- Modify a Drawing
- Insert Callouts and Groups
- Building Organization Charts
- Create an Organization Chart Manually
- Create Organization Charts by Using Starter Diagrams and the Organization Chart Wizard
- Modify an Organization Chart
- Designing a Floor Plan
- Make a Basic Floor Plan
- Model a Room Layout
- Building a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Create a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Format a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Designing a Network Diagram
- Create Network Diagrams
- Use Shape Data
- Use Layers
- Styling a Diagram
- Modify Shape and Connector Styles
- Apply Themes and Variants
- Use Containers
- Designing Advanced Plans and Diagrams
- Create a Microsoft Account and Log Into Visio
- Build Advanced Plans
- Build Advanced Diagrams
- Enhancing the Look of Drawings
- Use 3-D Shapes
- Work with Shape Styles
- Define Shape Styles
- Apply Backgrounds, Borders, and Titles
- Working with Custom Shapes, Stencils, and Templates
- Create Simple Custom Shapes
- Create Custom Stencils
- Create Custom Templates
- Connecting Drawings to External Data
- Make an Organization Chart from an Excel Spreadsheet
- Generate a Pivot Diagram from an Excel Spreadsheet
- Create a Gantt Chart from a Project File
- Create a Timeline from a Project File
- Connect a Map to an Access Database
- Leveraging Development Tools
- Create Macros
- Modify ShapeSheets
- Build Advanced Shapes
- Sharing Drawings
- Save and Share Drawings with OneDrive
- Review Drawings
- Insert Drawings Into Other Office Files
- Export Drawings
- Print Drawings
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Visio class:
- Basic level experience with Visio.