Comprehensive Microsoft Visio 2010
This Comprehensive Microsoft Visio 2010 training class shows students how to design and manage basic diagrams, workflow, and flowcharts. Students will create custom elements and a custom template, represent external data as a drawing, and share their work with others. The course is designed for people who have an understanding of the basic workflow and the concept of end-to-end flowcharting.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Identify the basic elements of Visio and their use.
- Create a workflow diagram.
- Build organization charts.
- Design a floor plan.
- Build a cross-functional flowchart.
- Design a network diagram.
- Style a diagram.
- Design advanced plans and diagrams.
- Enhance the look of drawings.
- Create shapes, stencils, and templates.
- Connect drawings to external data.
- Leverage development tools.
- Share drawings.
- Use diagram standards (optional).
- Getting Started with Visio
- Perform Basic Tasks in the Visio Environment
- Use Backstage Commands
- Save a File
- Working with Workflow Diagram Tools
- Use Drawing Components
- Modify a Drawing
- Insert Callouts and Groups
- Building Organization Charts
- Create an Organization Chart Manually
- Create Organization Charts by Using Starter Diagrams and the Organization Chart Wizard
- Modify an Organization Chart
- Designing a Floor Plan
- Make a Basic Floor Plan
- Model a Room Layout
- Building a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Create a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Format a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Designing a Network Diagram
- Create Network Diagrams
- Use Shape Data
- Use Layers
- Styling a Diagram
- Modify Shape and Connector Styles
- Apply Themes and Variants
- Use Containers
- Designing Advanced Plans and Diagrams
- Create a Microsoft Account and Log Into Visio
- Build Advanced Plans
- Build Advanced Diagrams
- Enhancing the Look of Drawings
- Use 3-D Shapes
- Work with Shape Styles
- Define Shape Styles
- Apply Backgrounds, Borders, and Titles
- Working with Custom Shapes, Stencils, and Templates
- Create Simple Custom Shapes
- Create Custom Stencils
- Create Custom Templates
- Connecting Drawings to External Data
- Make an Organization Chart from an Excel Spreadsheet
- Generate a Pivot Diagram from an Excel Spreadsheet
- Create a Gantt Chart from a Project File
- Create a Timeline from a Project File
- Connect a Map to an Access Database
- Leveraging Development Tools
- Create Macros
- Modify ShapeSheets
- Build Advanced Shapes
- Sharing Drawings
- Save and Share Drawings with OneDrive
- Review Drawings
- Insert Drawings Into Other Office Files
- Export Drawings
- Print Drawings
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Visio class:
- Basic familiarity with the Windows environment to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and mange files and folders.