Building Flexible Project Plans with Microsoft Project 2010
This Microsoft Project 2010 training provides students with the knowledge and skills to create projects with Microsoft Project 2010. The course is intended for information workers with a basic understanding of project management concepts.
- Learn to create project schedules.
- Learn to sequence activities.
- Learn about project resources and assign them to tasks.
- Learn to manage well changes in the project plan.
- Learn to print, format and extract project information.
- Learn to save project versions.
- Learn to report and analyse project information.
- Learn to manage connected projects.
- Introduction to Microsoft Project 2010
- Project Management Definitions
- Enterprise Project Management with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project Server 2010
- Microsoft Project 2010 Overview
- Lab : Introduction to Microsoft Project 2010
- How to set Microsoft Project 2010 general options?
- How to set Microsoft Project 2010 user specific options?
- Starting a project
- Create and save projects
- Define project settings
- Manage project calendars
- Creating tasks
- Manual and Auto-scheduled tasks
- How to create tasks
- Lab : Create a project and insert tasks
- Create project
- Insert tasks
- Organize tasks in phases
- Sequence tasks
- Change connection types
- Adding deadlines, constraints, and calendars
- Lab : Adding deadlines, constraints, and calendars
- Add deadlines and constraints
- Add calendars
- Define resources
- Types of resources
- Resource description
- Assignment of resources to tasks
- Lab : Define resources
- Create resources
- Assign resources to tasks
- Manage project changes
- Scheduling formula
- Effort-driven scheduling
- Task types
- Project baseline and tracking progress
- Project baseline
- Tracking project progress
- Lab : Project baseline and tracking progress
- Set project baseline
- Track project work
- Review project critical path
- Project analysis
- Sort, group and filter data
- Format Gantt Chart
- Print project
- Use Visual Reports
- Lab : Project analysis
- Sort, filter and group project data
- Create and review project schedule and costs reports
- Manage connected projects
- Create a master project
- Link tasks in different projects
- Use shared resource pool
- Lab : Manage connected projects
- Create a master project
- Use a resource pool
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Project class:
Preparing for Class
- Basic experience working with Windows Vista/ 7.
- Basic knowledge how to work with files.
- Basic knowledge for team work and project management.