ADO.NET Using C#
This three-day intensive ADO.NET Using C# training class teaches the essential elements of ADO.NET so that, at the end of the course, the programmer is able to utilize its tremendous database-manipulation powers to build effective database applications. The course includes a major case study demonstrating the use of ADO.NET in a realistic setting. It is current to .NET 4.6, Visual Studio 2017, and SQL Server 2016.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Understand the architecture and main classes of ADO.NET.
- Gain fluency in programming ADO.NET using C#.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the use of disconnected DataSets for building highly scalable applications.
- Acquire a working knowledge of the tight coupling of XML with ADO.NET.
- Learn how to use additional features in ADO.NET, including asynchronous operations, multiple active result sets, and bulk copy.
- Acquire a working knowledge of LINQ and the Entity Framework.
- Implement a realistic case study that ties together many concepts of ADO.NET in a practical demonstration.
- Introduction to ADO.NET
- Microsoft Data Access Technologies
- From ADO to ADO.NET
- ADO.NET Architecture
- Namespaces and Classes
- DataSets and Disconnected Access
- First ADO.NET Programs
- Acme Computer Case Study
- ADO.NET Connections
- .NET Data Providers
- Connection Classes
- Connection Strings
- Connection Pooling
- Connection Events
- Error Handling
- ADO.NET Commands
- Command Objects
- Creating Commands
- Executing Commands
- Parameterized Queries
- Command Types
- Using Stored Procedures
- Batch Queries
- DataReaders and Connected Access
- Type-Safe Accessors
- Null Columns
- ExecuteReader Options
- Multiple Result Sets
- Obtaining Schema Information
- Data Sets and Disconnected Access
- Command Objects
- Row States and Versions
- Accept or Reject Changes
- DataTable Events
- Updating a Database from a DataSet
- Command Builders
- More About DataSets
- Filtering DataTables
- Multiple Table DataSets
- Navigating a DataSet
- Creating a DataSet Programmatically
- XML and ADO.NET
- Strong Coupling Between ADO.NET and XML
- Rendering XML from a DataSet
- Controlling XML Output
- Reading XML into a DataSet
- XML Schema and DataSets
- Typed DataSets
- Table Adapters
- Synchronizing DataSets and XML
- XML Serialization
- Concurrency and Transactions
- DataSets and Concurrency
- Optimistic Concurrency
- Pessimistic Concurrency
- Handling Concurrency Violations
- ADO.NET Transactions
- Database Transactions
- Additional Features
- Asynchronous Database Operations
- Multiple Active Result Sets
- Bulk Copy
- LINQ and Entity Framework
- Language Integrated Query (LINQ)
- Bridging Objects and Data
- Using Object Relational Designer
- Filtering, Ordering and Aggregation
- Inserts, Deletes and Updates
- LINQ to SQL
- LINQ to DataSet
- ADO.NET Entity Framework
- LINQ to Entities
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this C# class:
- Basic knowledge of SQL and of programming the .NET Framework using C#.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of XML.
- Ability to write simple Windows Forms applications. .
Experience in the following would be useful for this C# class:
- A working knowledge of SQL Server is also desirable.