- Learn to manage time and resources.
- Learn to modify the display.
- Learn to chart data.
- Learn to use recurring tasks.
- Learn to use templates.
- Learn to customize Project reports, tables, filters, and the ribbon.
- Learn to use macros in Project.
This Advanced Topics in Project 2013 class covers the advanced features of the application, including emphasis on customization of the application itself.
Our instructor-led online classes are conducted in the 2016 version of the software. Your instructor will point out the minor differences between versions where they exist. For our custom instructor-led online and onsite classes, we use the version of the software you use in your office.
- Managing the Project
- Management Criteria
- Managing Time
- Examine an Existing Project
- Managing Resources
- Special Features and Advanced Analysis
- Use the Course Development Project
- Modifying the Display (Shortcuts)
- Task Usage and Resource Usage Views
- Charting Data
- Importing into Project
- Recurring Tasks
- Using a Sample Template
- Global Template
- Customizing MS Project
- Custom Reports
- Custom Tables
- Adding Columns to Tables
- Custom Filters
- Custom Filter Values
- Customizing the Ribbon
- Macros Overview Page
- Creating VBA Code
- The VB Editor
- Working with Modules
- Editing Macros
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Project class:
- Advanced-level experience in Microsoft Project 2013
Courses that can help you meet these prerequisites: