- Create range names and advanced formulas.
- Automate workbook functionality.
- Apply conditional logic.
- Visualize data by creating basic charts.
- Create trendline and sparkline charts.
- Use PivotTables, PivotCharts, and slicers to create a dashboard.
Whether you need to crunch numbers for sales, inventory, information technology, human resources, or something else, the ability to get the right information to the right people at the right time can create a powerful competitive advantage. After all, the world runs on data more than ever before. But with so much data available and being created on a nearly constant basis, the ability to make sense of that data gets more challenging every day.
If you already know how to get Microsoft Excel to perform simple calculations and how to modify your workbooks and worksheets to make them easier to read, interpret, and present to others, and now want to go to the next level with Excel, then this course is for you. You will learn to extract actionable organizational intelligence from your raw data and present it in a visual format that enables decision makers to view key trends and conclusions at a glance.
This course is designed for students who already have foundational knowledge and skills in Excel 2016 and who wish to begin taking advantage of some of the higher-level functionality in Excel to summarize data by using functions, charts, and PivotTables, and display those elements in a dashboard format.
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). Our curriculum has been tested and approved by ProCert Labs, the official tester of Microsoft courseware, and has been found to meet the highest industry standards of instructional quality.
- Using Names in Formulas and Functions
- Examine Dashboards
- Use Range Names in Formulas
- Use Specialized Functions
- Automating Workbook Functionality
- Apply Data Validation
- Work with Forms and Controls
- Applying Conditional Logic
- Use Lookup Functions
- Combine Functions
- Visualizing Data with Basic Charts
- Create Charts
- Modify and Format Charts
- Using Advanced Charting Techniques
- Create Dual-Axis Charts and Trendlines
- Create Sparklines
- Analyzing Data with PivotTables, PivotCharts, and Slicers
- Create a PivotTable
- Analyze PivotTable Data
- Present Data with PivotCharts
- Filter Data by Using Slicers
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Office class:
- Foundational ability working in Excel and some experience in creating workbooks with formulas and functions.