Tips for Writing Email
Whether we like it or not, people will judge us on the quality and content of our email. So buy yourself professional credibility by taking the time to read the email before sending it and check for the following.
- Conciseness, clarity and a polite tone.
- Correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Use of easy-to-understand, plain English.
- Language that could be misinterpreted or construed as being superior.
- Use of active voice rather than passive voice.
- Factual accuracy.
Author: Janie Sullivan
Janie Sullivan, MBA, MAEd, has been teaching adult learners for over 20 years. She has taught online over 15 years, specializing in writing, communications, and small business applications. Janie directs the Center for Writing Excellence where she offers writing, editing, and formatting services for writers. She has been published in several newspapers and magazines as well as multiple online sites. She teaches communication, business strategy, leadership, and management courses. Janie has published a book "Develop and Deliver an Online Class." This is the third book she has written about writing and teaching online. She also has published a novel and an anthology of short stories.