Seven Effective Ways to Generate Sales Leads
When looking for ways to generate quality sales leads, it is important to remember that there is no one method that will work every time for every type of product or service. Following are seven different avenues to try. Keep in mind that multiple approaches are going to generate multiple leads.
- Referrals. Customer referrals are generally the most qualified leads. Satisfied customers will tell their friends about your product or service and those friends can become good customers in turn.
- Co-marketing. Working with, instead of against, the competition can have advantages. Form business relationships with other businesses with complementary products that may be similar. Each business can cross-promote the other’s product or service, generating leads for both businesses.
- Effective Content. Create content that does not sell, but instead provides information. This will build trust in the prospect, which then will help them turn to your company when they need the product or service you provide.
- Website Design. Not only should your website contain information about your product or service in an attractive, easy to navigate manner, make sure that contact information appears on every page in the site. You don’t want your prospects to have to search for it, or simply leave because they can’t find contact information.
- Live Chat. Live chat is an effective tool for generating leads because it gives the prospect the opportunity to ask questions and get information in real time.
- Social Media. Of all the social media sites available, LinkedIn is probably the most effective for generating qualified business leads because the majority of LinkedIn members are business professionals. Twitter can be a good place to promote your product or service as well.
- Trade Shows. Arrange to do presentations at trade shows, beyond just having a booth. Speaking at these events will give you an audience that you can then contact later for follow up information.