QuickBooks Setup Checklist
Before you begin creating a new company file in QuickBooks, you should gather the following information about your company.
- The purpose for using QuickBooks (e.g., managing all financial transactions of your business).
- Name, address, and other company information.
- Federal tax identification number.
- Sales tax information.
- Start date of your business.
- Bank statements, credit card statements, and loan statements for your company.
- Customer list and customer balances.
- Vendor list and any balances owed.
- Quantity of items in inventory.
- Total value of inventory per item.
- Employee payroll information.