Introduction to the WordPress Content Editor
Content is king in WordPress. You will need to add content to your pages in order to engage your readers and to provide information on your various products and services. The following five steps provide an introduction to adding content in the WordPress content editor.
- Starting at the Dashboard, click on the Posts link, then choose Add New from the drop-down menu under Posts, or by clicking the Add New button at the top of the Posts area.
- In the Add New Post page, you will see a place to add your title and access editing tools like bold, italic, bullets, etc. There are also two tabs; one called Visual, the other Text.
- Type the title in the box above the permalink and your content in the box below the editing tools, using the tools to manage the text. You can also click on the buttons above the text editing tools to add media, polls, contact forms, and location.
- In the Visual View, you have access to the editing tools. This view shows your content as it will appear once the new post is saved and published.
- In the Text View, you can add HTML code. Click on the buttons above the text box to enter the code, or simply type in the code. This view is helpful when adding images or forms.