How to Use the Articles Panel for Exporting to HTML in Adobe InDesign
Using the Articles Panel is an easy way to define and order content in a layout when exporting to HTML or EPUB. Text, images, and graphics can all be defined as articles.
This feature works the same in Adobe CS6 and CC versions.
- Open the Articles Panel from the Window menu.
- To add content, click on the frame in the layout, then either drag content into the Articles Panel or click the Create New Article button.
- A dialog box will open in which you will name the article. Include When Exporting is checked on by default.
- When a story is threaded through multiple linked text frames, adding any one frame will add the entire story. When images and graphics are anchored in the text, they too will be included.
- Articles can be reordered in the Articles Panel by dragging them.
- When exporting as HTML, make sure the Content Order is set to Same as Articles Panel.
Author: Kate Cahill
Kate Cahill is a graphic designer, writer, and creative director who has developed content for print and web. As creative director, she has produced award-winning work for agencies focused on the pharmaceutical and health and beauty aid industries. She has also served as production manager, with responsibility for the successful fulfillment of long-run print contracts. Kate has been delivering training for Webucator clients since 2010. Her enthusiasm for cutting-edge technology, combined with hands-on practical experience, brings an added benefit to her classes. Kate teaches real-world techniques and integration of Adobe software, as well as Microsoft PowerPoint, to produce a fully developed and cohesive brand identity.