How to Use the Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool in Google AdWords
The Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool in Google AdWords allows you to preview your ads as they would appear on a regular Google Search Results Page (SERP) without generating extra impressions for your ad. This tool allows you to test your campaign without affecting your CTR metric, and it allows you to check the performance of all the keywords within an ad group instead of testing individual keywords. The following steps explain how you can leverage this tool.
- Navigate to the Tools tab within your Google AdWords account.
- Using the drop-down menu, click the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool.
- In the keyword field, enter the search query for which you want to test your ad.
- Under the Location field, provide your geo location preference by selecting a particular country name and by providing a particular region (states) in which you are advertising.
- In the Domain field, select the Google property on which you are running a particular campaign (e.g., Google.com or Google.ca).
- Select the display language.
In the following example, you can see that Google provides us with insight into which campaign and which ad group within that campaign was responsible for generating this ad. The pseudo SERP shows exactly where your ad would have shown on Google's property.