How to Use Quick Share in Adobe Photoshop
In the past, if you needed to share a high-resolution image with a client, or post to social media, it involved creating a copy of the flattened file, and then downsizing it, all of which takes time. The new Quick Share button lets you instantly share either a full or low resolution version of the image to email, as well as a range of social media outlets and cloud services. It doesn’t get any easier. Simply type a caption and off it goes.
This feature is new in Adobe Photoshop CC 2018.
- Go to the far right of the Options Bar and click the Share button.
- In the panel that opens, you'll see various choices. Note that the Mail option will only work with desktop email apps, such as Outlook. Web mail services, such as Gmail, aren't compatible.
- As with email, browser-based destinations are not compatible, but luckily you can download apps for social media and cloud sharing. Scroll down the list and you'll see that some of the choices have Install links.
- Clicking Install will take you to an Apps site.
- Download the app and when prompted, click Launch.
- Enter your user name and password to authenticate.
- When you return to Photoshop, you'll need to click the Share button again to choose the destination.