How to Use Google+ Local to Promote Your Business
To claim your business listing on Google with Google+ Local, follow these six steps.
- Make sure that you use the appropriate Google Account to sign up for this service (recommended: same as AdWords account).
- Sign up for Google+ Local at http://plus.google.com.
- Once in your account, head over to Pages on the left column under your Dashboard and choose the appropriate page type. Most often, you will choose the option Local Business or Place.
- Fill out your business information to claim your listing.
- Validate your listing with Google+ Local with phone or postcard. You will be contacted by Google with a short code.
- Go to your Google+ Local dashboard and activate your account.