In this how-to, you'll learn how to unzip files.
- Locate your downloaded .zip file.
- Click to select the .zip file. (Mac users can simply double-click the folder to unzip/extract the contents.)
- Choose Extract All from the Compressed Folder Tools > Extract ribbon tab. (You can also right-click the folder and choose Extract All.) If you don't see an option to extract all, then you probably need to download a program for unzipping files. We recommend 7-Zip, which is free. Here are instructions for downloading it .
- Click the Browse button to choose a location. Remember to create a folder with a meaningful name that describes your course.
- Select the location and click Select Folder.
- Click Extract.
- The files will extract and you will see the progress. The time it takes to extract depends on how big the class files are. Please be patient.
Author: Tracy Berry
Tracy has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide, including involvement in large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, reporting/productivity applications, as well as the creation of online courses with software from leading vendors.