How to Train Call Center Agents
Training call center employees is an expensive process that can take several weeks. Following are some ways to speed up this process and get call center agents on the phones faster.
- Put the new hires in a group under one coach and have them answer live calls while having access to coaching as they need it.
- Create a checklist of best practices and have the new hires score their own calls against this checklist.
- Take the new hires on a tour of the company so that they understand how each department works with the other departments.
- Keep detailed notes when observing new hires. Share these notes with the employee and set goals with him or her to overcome issues.
- Use social media like blogs, wikis, and instant messaging to encourage employees to connect with each other to get help with their questions.
Author: Janie Sullivan
Janie Sullivan, MBA, MAEd, has been teaching adult learners for over 20 years. She has taught online over 15 years, specializing in writing, communications, and small business applications. Janie directs the Center for Writing Excellence where she offers writing, editing, and formatting services for writers. She has been published in several newspapers and magazines as well as multiple online sites. She teaches communication, business strategy, leadership, and management courses. Janie has published a book "Develop and Deliver an Online Class." This is the third book she has written about writing and teaching online. She also has published a novel and an anthology of short stories.