How to Set up a Vehicle List in QuickBooks
You can record any billable or non-billable mileage for your business's vehicles with the mileage tracking feature in QuickBooks. By recording your business trips and mileage, you can input, view, and print vehicle lists and the details of miles driven for business activities. You can then use QuickBooks reports to view or print mileage records for reviewing customer invoice amounts and for tax documentation. To set up vehicles in QuickBooks, follow these five steps.This feature works the same in versions 2011–2016 of QuickBooks.
- From the menu, select Lists > Customer & Vendor Profile Lists > Vehicle List.
- In the Vehicle List dialog box, click Vehicle and select New from the drop-down menu.
- In the New Vehicle dialog box, in the Vehicle field, type the name or vehicle identification number for the vehicle.
- In the Description field, type a description of the vehicle.
- Click OK. The vehicle is added to the list.