Operating System Requirements
You can use any modern operating system in this class.
To set up your computer for Responsive Web Design training, all you need are:
- Visual Studio Code (Download, Install, and Set up)
- While you may use a different editor or IDE, Visual Studio Code is an excellent IDE to learn to code on. It provides a nice balance of power and simplicity and it is available on Windows and Mac.
- The latest version of Google Chrome and one additional web browser (The latest version of Firefox, Edge, or Safari)
- One of the following Web Browser Plug-Ins
- Chrome Developers Tools (Bundled with the Chrome Browser) - Recommended
- Firefox Firebug
- Safari Developers Tools
- Opera Dragonfly (Bundled with the Opera Browser)
- Google Chrome's Device Mode - Google Chrome's Device Mode makes it easy to simulate mobile devices on your local computer. It is enabled by default in Chrome DevTools. Please review this page to make sure you have it enabled.
- The Responsive Web Design Class Files
- Download the class files.
- After downloading the class files, create a directory on your hard drive named "Webucator" that can be found easily.
- On Windows it is recommended the new folder have a path of C:\Webucator.
- On Mac OS X a good location for the new folder may be in your Documents directory.
- Extract the files to the folder you just created.
Note on Remote Class Files
Just for your information, we have a set of the files used in this class hosted at http://www.webucator.net/MBL101/ as it is helpful to view some of the files used in this class from a remote server..'