Operating System Requirements
You can use any modern operating system in this class.
To set up your computer for CSS training, all you need are:
- Visual Studio Code (Download, Install, and Set up )
- While you may use a different editor or IDE, Visual Studio Code is an excellent IDE to learn to code on. It provides a nice balance of power and simplicity and it is available on Windows and Mac.
- A Web browser (The latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari)
- The Advanced CSS Class Files
- Download the class files.
- After downloading the class files, create a directory on your hard drive named "Webucator" that can be found easily.
- On Windows it is recommended the new folder have a path of C:\Webucator.
- On Mac OS X a good location for the new folder would be within a Webucator folder in your Documents directory.
- Extract the files to the folder you just created.
- Sass - the CSS scripting language and compiler.
- Sass requires the Ruby scripting language to be installed:
- Mac users already have Ruby installed.
- PC users should download and install Ruby Installer https://rubyinstaller.org/.
- Once Ruby is installed, open a command prompt ("Terminal" on a Mac; "Start" > "cmd" on Windows) and type "gem install sass."
- Mac users may have to run the command as an administrator; if you get an error, instead type "sudo gem install sass."