How to Set Up an Email Account in Microsoft Outlook
Before you can begin using Outlook, you will need to add and configure an email account. The following steps will take you through the setup process.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft Outlook: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Select the File menu tab.
- In Backstage view, select Info, if it is not already selected.
- Under Account Information, click Add Account.
- In the Add New Account dialog box, enter your name, email address, and password (enter and re-enter your password).
- Click Next.
- You will see a message indicating that Outlook is configuring your email address. This may take a few minutes.
- When the account is configured, you will see a message indicating this. Click Finish to exit the Add New Account dialog box.
In Outlook 2007, to set up a new account, select Tools and then select Account Settings.