How to Set the Navigation Form as the Default Form in Microsoft Access
You can set the navigation form as the default form that displays when a user opens your application in Access. In addition, you can give the application an official name and an icon to display for forms and reports.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft Access: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Open the database.
- Select the File tab.
- Click Options. The Access Options dialog box opens.
- Select the Current Database tab.
- In the Application Title field, type the name of your application.
- In the Application Icon field, click Browse and navigate to and select the icon file to use.
- If you want to use the icon as both the form and report icon, mark the Use as Form and Report Icon check box.
- From the Display Form drop-down list, select the navigation form to use as the default display form.
- Click OK. You are notified that you must close and reopen the database for the change to take effect.
- Click OK.
Author: Tracy Berry
Tracy has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide, including involvement in large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, reporting/productivity applications, as well as the creation of online courses with software from leading vendors.