How to Set PATH from JAVA_HOME
The JAVA_HOME environment variable can be used to set the PATH so that the compiler and runtime launcher can be accessed from a command prompt. To set the PATH variable using JAVA_HOME, follow these five steps.
- Go to the Environment Variables panel. You can locate this panel in the Control Panel by selecting System and Security > System > Advanced system settings > Environment Variables.
- Under System variables, select Path and then click Edit.
- Click New. In the text box, type %JAVA_HOME%\bin. Click OK.
- Click OK on the Environment Variables panel.
- Open a new command prompt to test your new PATH entry.
Author: Stephen Withrow