Outlook's Calendar makes it easy to schedule meetings with colleagues. The steps below walk you through the process of scheduling a meeting through Outlook.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft Outlook: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- In Calendar view, from the Calendar Ribbon, on the Home tab, in the New group, select New Meeting.
- In the To field, enter the invitees' email addresses.
- Press Tab to move to the Subject field.
- Enter a meeting subject, then press Tab to move to the Location field.
- Enter a location for the meeting. If you are using Outlook associated with Exchange server, you can use the Room Finder feature to locate a room by selecting Room Finder in the Options group of the Meeting tab.
- Set a start time using the Start time day and time drop-down arrows.
- Set a meeting end time using the End time day and time drop-down arrows.
- If desired, enter a message in the body of the invitation.
- If the meeting is a recurring meeting, from the Meeting tab of the meeting, select Recurrence in the Options group.
- Configure the options in the Appointment Recurrence dialog box and click OK.
- To send the invitation, click Send.
You can use the Scheduling Assistant to view your invitees' calendars while scheduling a meeting. In the Show group of the Meeting tab, select Scheduling.