How to Scan a Computer with Windows Defender
Windows 7 provides enhanced security features to help protect your system, as well as your privacy. One of these features is Windows Defender. Windows Defender monitors your computer for malicious attacks and also gives you the ability to run an on-demand scan. To scan your computer using Windows Defender, follow these six steps.
- Select the Start menu button.
- In the Search programs and files text box, type "Windows Defender".
- Select Windows Defender.
- You may be prompted to check for updates. If so, click Check for updates now.
- To scan your computer, click Scan.
- Windows Defender will scan your computer and alert you if any malicious activity is discovered.