How to Save a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation Outline in Word
Using a printed outline can help you stay oriented to your material as you make your presentation. To export an outline from PowerPoint to Word, follow these five steps.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft PowerPoint: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Select the File tab and click Export (Save & Send in PowerPoint 2010).
- In the Export section (Save & Send section in PowerPoint 2010), click Create Handouts.
- In the Create Handouts in Microsoft Word pane, click the Create Handouts button.
- In the Send To Microsoft Word dialog box, select the Outline only layout.
- Click OK. A Word document of your outline opens.
To create notes and handouts in PowerPoint 2007, click the Microsoft Office button and then select Create Handouts in Microsoft Office Word to access the Send to Microsoft Word dialog box.